Problems with real time tracker

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
oanavodo

Problems with real time tracker

Post by oanavodo »

Hello,

I use the real time tracker to transfer my tours in the alps when I am alone. My hopes are that this woud improve the localization of my position if I am in trouble. But I have the following problems:

1. sometimes it happens that my smartphone resets and I don't realize it. So Android reboots and the real time tracker don't start again. Ok, I could activate automatic start of the app. But this would start it every time I switch off/on my smartphone even if I am not on tour. It would be nice to have an option for automatic start of the app only if it has been activated before restart.

2. It often happens that mobile net receiption interrupts in the alps. So the sync size of real time tracker grows. But if I detect a position where receiption is present I found no way to force the app to retry sending the track points to the internet at once. My workaround is to stop/start the tracking and wait until gps fix is found an all is sent. It would be nice to if there is a way to trigger the app to send its outstanding messages at once.

Kind regards
Reiner
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with real time tracker

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your message.

1.) I will consider to support this.
2.) No change necessary here. The tracker already support auto sync. Maybe it needs 1 or 2 minutes until it starts but it will start resyncing track points automatically if connection is reestablished.
oanavodo

Post by oanavodo »

admin wrote:1.) I will consider to support this.
Thank you.
admin wrote:2.) No change necessary here. The tracker already support auto sync. Maybe it needs 1 or 2 minutes until it starts but it will start resyncing track points automatically if connection is reestablished.
Ok. I will check this.

Unfortunately I have much more problems with data roaming not related to the live tracker app. Every time receiption is present after has been lost I get a full screen warning message that roaming would lead to extra costs and if I want to continue using it. This message is placed over the lock screen. So the display remains on the whole time and the 4 buttons of the smartphone becomes enabled and maybe be accidently activated when in the backpack. If I don't confirm Yes to this message within some amount of time the data roaming is automatically switched off without my interaction.

I suspect the motorola motoblur software to cause this stupid and annoying warning. On some tours its about 30 times I have to confirm this dialog. The motorola service said: "It works as designed" :-(´ />

Servus
--
Reiner
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see, but actually this should not be a problem because the tracker is very patient . It waits and waits and waits ... until the connection really works and then it will try to resync the track points within a few minutes.