Any way to reduce # of points displayed at a time?

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
SteveW

Any way to reduce # of points displayed at a time?

Post by SteveW »

Hi,

First off, great app. Came across it while looking for a replacement for Instamapper as it doesn't work properly on my or my wife's Galaxy S's since updating to Gingerbread (2.3.3) and there seems to be no more support.

The only problem I'm running into is that we are getting too much track data. With the other app, we could say that we only on the map wanted to see the last 10,20, 100, most recent, etc points. When I look at our tracks either on the phone or on the web with yours, we see multiple days worth of tracks, so we can't tell which one is more recent easily. I think this is an issue because we have our updates set for every 5 minutes to improve our phones' battery lives by not running the GPS 100% of the time.

Any suggestions on how we can just see the last few hours or "X" # of datapoints to make the map and location of each other easier to understand?

Tnx
-Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Any way to reduce # of points displayed at a time?

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,
I have been thinking about a configurable time range option for a long time. I definitely want to add this (could not find an appropriate time slot for this task which might take a little bit more time). In the mean time your could - as a workaround - just delete your old track points in the settings section of the web portal.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I'd really appreciate if you could add that functionality. I agree that as a short term measure I can go in the portal to delete track info, but as you can imagine, it would be very hard to remember to do every day long term. Any improvement you can make on this front would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the quick response!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,
do you need this feature for the web browser or for the mobile app?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
The web portal supports now reducing the track length. Check the new icon in the orange statistics box.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is a new section in the settings of the web portal. You can configure now which track points you want to see.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

admin wrote:Hi Steve,
do you need this feature for the web browser or for the mobile app?
Whoops. Sorry. Didn't know you had been updating the thread! I have notify me when a post is replied to but didn't get notified...

I'm looking for it on both - more so on the phone client as that is what my wife and I usually use to see each other.

Does setting in the settings on the web portal apply to the phone client?

Tnx!

- Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes. If you configure your track length in the settings section of the web portal (click on "settings" in the main menu, your wife will see only the shortened track. The same works vice versa. If your wife configures the maximum track length you will see the shortened track. Both the online map and the mobile map will be affected.

Sorry for my late answer.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Hmmm. it's working great on the browser. I have both of our accounts set for 2 hours. However our phone clients are displaying a lot more than 2 hrs worth. Any Ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
if you reboot your phone and you open the app for the first time, is there the same problem? Or does the problem arise when you are using the app for a longer time?