Screen shots of map with track

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
Thequilter60

Screen shots of map with track

Post by Thequilter60 »

Is it posiable to take a screen shot of the map with the track overlay so it can be imbedded into a work document.

Thanks with hope
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Screen shots of map with track

Post by admin »

Hi,
I'm not sure what you exactly mean, but of course you can create a screenshot. It does not matter what is displayed on the screen, you can always create a screenshot. It has nothing to do with the tracker.
Thequilter60

Post by Thequilter60 »

Yes I can normally do that in Windows OS but it's not so easy on an iPad. I can save the page but only get the map frame with a blank inner (no map or overlay. I am unsure if it's apple issue or google maps.

Also I have added a KLM file to my web site but cannot see it. Can the file be anyway on my site or the same page as the map ?

This map and tracker site is such a great add on very please and well done.

Thanks
Steve
Thequilter60

Post by Thequilter60 »

Yes I understand but when I tried to do it on my iPad I can capture the page but can only get the map frame (no map or overlay) I was wondering if it was a Google thing or Apple OS.

Also can you advise on where to place a KLM file in a web site. I have placed an KLM overlay file in the root of my website and placed the URL in the setup in my user area but it is not displayed on the map. I'm not sure if it needs to be on its own page, with the map or just on the site.

This is a great add on with all the features well done very very pleased.

Many thanks

Steve
Thequilter60

Post by Thequilter60 »

Hi,
Just for the benefit of iPad used, I have found out that if you push the return and power buttons it will take a screen shot of the map and trace.
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Great, so the screenshot works.

For the KML you just need to enter the URL in the web portal settings. If it does not work please send your username so I can have a look at the configuration. Please note that Google Maps does not support all KML features, so it is also possible that there is a problem with the KML itself.
Thequilter60

Post by Thequilter60 »

Thank you for the offer to sort out the KML file. my user is thequilter60
I have loaded the file into the root of the website :-- www.candidly.org.uk/canalmap-layer-all.kml

As you may have gussed its an overlay of the uk canal system showing locks and bridges etc. I obtained the overlay from www.canalmap.net

I hope its something stupid I have done as this could be very good if it works.

Many thanks

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, the KML cannot be loaded. Please check your URL, that might be the reason :D
Thequilter60

Post by Thequilter60 »

Ok thank you for the heads up. I have re-structured the web site to handle files properly but I still cannot see the overlay. Can you please check and advice as I am stuck as what to do next.
Many thanks

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What I mean: The URL you posted seems to be invalid. Please check this link, it does not work: http://www.candidly.org.uk/canalmap-layer-all.kml. If entered the same URL in the webportal settings you cannot see the overlay because the URL does not link to your KML.