Cannot see route

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
thewanderers

Cannot see route

Post by thewanderers »

Hi

When I set the GPS/Network update interval to 60s the route is correctly tracked on
http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker ... =australia
When I set the update interval (GPS/Network) to 3600s it does not track anymore but I only see the current position.

This is regardless if I look at the map as guest or login with my user.
The service on my tablet correctly displays the route.

I already looked at all available options, filters, etc, but cannot seem to find the problem.

Do I miss something?

Thanks and Rgds
Marc
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot see route

Post by admin »

Hi,
maybe the track points are drawn on the map correctly but in your case the lines between linking the track points are missing. They are linked together only if the interval is smaller than 30 minutes. So maybe you should try to set the interval to 25 minutes. Actually the tablet should behave the same way. Are you sure that the track lines are visible there if the interval is 60 minutes?
thewanderers

Post by thewanderers »

Hi

>>the lines between linking the track points are missing
This was indeed the problem... changing the interval to 25 minutes did solve it.

So if I understand it correctly, if there is no GPS Signal for longer than 30 Minutes, the track will not be drawn and will appear discontinued.
Furthermore the previous (linked) track up to the position where the GPS was lost will also disappear.

Is there a way to change this behavior ?

I would like to use the system to track a 3 month travel by camper through Australia. Here we may not always have GPS (IE in cities) and it would be unfortunate then not to be able to show the complete route on the map.

Thanks and Rgds
Marc
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Furthermore the previous (linked) track up to the position where the GPS was lost will also disappear.
This should not happen. If two location updates are linked they should never be unlinked afterwards. Does this happen on your map?

The tracker cannot know if all location updates belong together or if they belong to separated tracks. So it assumes that you have started a new track if the distance is more than 30 minutes. You can change this behaviour by appending the desired interval in seconds to your guest url. Example: To set the limit to 2 hours use this guest url:
http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker ... tance=7200
thewanderers

Post by thewanderers »

Great, all is working now. Thank you very much!
Is there somewhere a listing of all those parameters?
IE I just discovered startdate and enddate which may be very useful.

Anyway I have ordered Track loading for one year and now am ready for my trip ;-)

Best Rgds
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

At the moment there is no complete list but I admin I should create one...