speed 0 km/h!!!

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
sewing_master

speed 0 km/h!!!

Post by sewing_master »

speed 0 km/h!!! Always and constant. (permanent)
I'm drive so faster at 140 km/h, but menu view what Im David kopperfield!! And I teleported from town A to town B, have speed for each point of way 0 km/h
sorry for my english, please ))
По-русски это бы звучало покрепче, спасибо
admin
Site Admin

Re: speed 0 km/h!!!

Post by admin »

Hi,
This is an error of your phone. The tracker just displays the speed data retrieved from your phone. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you in this case.
sewing_master

Post by sewing_master »

admin wrote:Hi,
This is an error of your phone. The tracker just displays the speed data retrieved from your phone. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you in this case.
я пользовался другими программами-трекерами раньше и уже давно. причем та том же гаджете, что и сейчас. с ними скорость конечно же усреднялась, но показывалась примерно соответствующей действительности! последней из этих программ (I..M...) пользовался до обновления версии андроид на своем галакси таб, после которой он стал закрывать ее (( , переводя в спящий режим. проблему не удалось решить , авторы-разработчики так мне и не ответили , и я нашел и установил вашу программу.
Так что , дело не в моем телефоне)) И еще, программа на телефоне как раз-таки очень хорошо показывает текущую скорость, а вот на сайт и в трек информация не идет, почти всегда 0 км/ч !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, I don't unterstand Russian. Would you like to say that it works with other apps? Does the Greenalp tracker show the correct speed on the mobile map? Please switch on the tracker and run another test. You need GPS reception.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, I can reproduce the problem with a brand new device. Seems to be a bug in Android 4.0. I will investigate this issue.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which phone model do you use? Maybe I have found a workaround.
Moover123

Post by Moover123 »

I also have this problem - the GPS speed display works fine on other apps, but when I view one of my tracks on the greenalp Web site, the speed is 0 km/h, even though the points along a route are accurate (max. 5-10 m according to the scale on Google Maps), so I guess it must have a good GPS lock, and is not relying only on mobile network data.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) running CyanogenMod 9.1.0. (Android 4.0.4).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please ensure that the newest tracker version is installed on your phone. Open "settings", go to "Advanced Settings", and enable "Fix GPS Speed bug". Does this solve your problem?
Moover123

Post by Moover123 »

I am running the latest version (I don't see any updates in "My Apps" in the Play Store) and I activated the setting as you suggested.
On my way home earlier I ran the tracker. Although some of the points showed a speed reading, others did not. I thought it would have been an all or nothing output, but this seems to disprove that theory. Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is a bug which I think most of Samsung phones are affected. It appears if GPS is not enabled permanently. My phone is also affected. The workaround works on my phone so I'm surprised that it doesn't work on yours. If you are interested I could send you a debug version which sends some log information. This would help to solve the issue for your phone.