deleting old tracks

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
ryansmithfoto

deleting old tracks

Post by ryansmithfoto »

i see where you can specify a date range to delete tracks but when i enter the date range wide enough to cover the tracks i want gone they dont go away. i still have tracks showing from 81 days ago. what am i doing wrong?
ryansmithfoto

Re: deleting old tracks

Post by ryansmithfoto »

also i have so many questions, i love this app. how do i track friends using my phone? i see the setting option to show friends tracks but how do you find them? also can i send and accept friend requests via cell phone?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ryansmithfoto wrote:i see where you can specify a date range to delete tracks but when i enter the date range wide enough to cover the tracks i want gone they dont go away. i still have tracks showing from 81 days ago. what am i doing wrong?
Hello Ryan,
By default all track points are saved on the server and the most recent track points are displayed on the map. If you delete the track points of a specific data range the system will display the most recent of the remaining ones.
So if you see a 81 days old track I assume you have deleted your trackpoints of May, June, and July. However, probably you did not delete the trackpoints of April? Which data would you like to delete and which data would you like to keep?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ryansmithfoto wrote:also i have so many questions, i love this app. how do i track friends using my phone? i see the setting option to show friends tracks but how do you find them? also can i send and accept friend requests via cell phone?
You have to use the web portal to add friends (check out the "Friends"-section in the settings). Unfortunately you cannot send/accept friend request via cell phone (except you use your mobile browser), but I'm planning to add this feature at at later point in time.

Please note that you can track your friends only if they also use Real Time GPS Tracker.

Hope I could answer all your questions otherwise you are welcome to post again.
ryansmithfoto

Post by ryansmithfoto »

i just want to commend you on your app. so far i have raised 2 questions concerning deleting old tracks and finding friends locations and you have added those features. thank you for this app, it comes in handy when i want to track or be tracked on long trips. truly awesome job.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback.
modinfo

Post by modinfo »

Hi
Can you check my history on jumosam, I try to erase everything but I can not erase all history. there is a point that says December 31, 1969 ... very strange.

thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
You are right, there are four trackpoints with wrong timestamps. If you want me to delete them just post another message.
modinfo

Post by modinfo »

admin wrote:Hi,
You are right, there are four trackpoints with wrong timestamps. If you want me to delete them just post another message.

Yess please delete all for me

Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, all track data is deleted now.