Duke of Edinburgh's Award

Post the activities you already have used Real Time GPS Tracker for and your ideas what it could be used for.
johnhunt

Duke of Edinburgh's Award

Post by johnhunt »

Hi,

Just wanted to say how amazed and pleased I was with this app!

We run DofE with our school and take children out, in small groups, to walk in the countryside with only maps and route cards to navigate. Usually we need to intercept them at some point to check that everything's ok and that often involves driving around for hours trying to find them as they invariably go off course!!!

We used this for the first time this weekend - asked each child with an Android phone to download it as allow me, as their leader, to monitor them. Then, having released them into the wild, we could find somewhere relaxing to sit and check up on them without having to drive around too far. Intercepting them became a breeze as did finding one group that had suffered a first aid experience. Had it been more serious I think this app could have certainly made it easier for the Emergency Services to find the casualty. Luckily it was all ok, but I could get to them within five minutes as I knew exactly where they were.

The best part is that we can then allow parents to watch them from their home pc's if need be in case they're interested in what they're doing. Also, no telephone numbers need to be exchanged so safeguarding issues weren't there!

All-in-all, I'm very impressed with this. If the developer could, somehow, find a way to get it onto iPhone too, we'll have better coverage potential. I am surprised that one of the bigger companies hasn't bought it for themselves!

Well done, and thank you.

John
admin
Site Admin

Re: Duke of Edinburgh's Award

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for the great feedback. I'm afraid IPhone version is not possible (lack of resources). So I hope the whole world will buy an Android phone :-)
sttu

Post by sttu »

Good day

Any update on the iOS compatibility? Would be really nice as none of the other apps is as good.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, there are no resources free for an IOS version.