New user and very impressed.

Post the activities you already have used Real Time GPS Tracker for and your ideas what it could be used for.
Andy

New user and very impressed.

Post by Andy »

Just downloaded this app for my new Motorola Defy Mini. Bought the phone for use as gps navigator rather than telephone as it is water and dust resistant. Was browsing the market and this app seemed interesting but I expected lots of trouble getting it to work.

Well it just works and works well first time out the box. Left my laptop on at home with the webpage showing in Chrome and it tracked me (phoned home to check it was working you see). The default settings seem well thought out and it tracked me walking the dog around the fields, and as others have said did not drain the battery too badly on my short test..

Hey thanks, and is there a paid version without the ads option?

Off to try out some more of the features......
admin
Site Admin

Re: New user and very impressed.

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your nice comment. Unfortunately there is no ad-free version available. Hopefully you will also like the version with ads.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Okay with the ads. Now loaded the app on my older android phone - an Orange San Francisco (or ZTE blade I think) and it was nice and easy to get them to be able to see each others whereabouts. On the San Francisco the app tells me that Google Cloud Messaging is not supported. Is this to do with the older Android version?

This must be the easiest tracker application of them all to get set up. I tried one a while back called wiatrack which used GPS Orange to view on the web and it was nowhere near as simple.

You've done a great job here.

Andy..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks again. Yes, GCM requires Android 2.2 or later. That's most probably the reason why it does not run on your old device.