Excellent

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
Cruis.In

Excellent

Post by Cruis.In »

This has the beginning of an excellent gps app. I've tried using live360 the #1 rated blah blah, but no real time updates.

Anyway I love the messaging feature of this one and the sharing of location to anyone on web2.0 or a website etc.

I am suggesting the following features. Be able to send a message which can be received by everyone in your group or family? I don't know if it has the feature of groups. I know I can add friends, but I wouldn't call it a group. Though it functions like one because you can see each friend.

But add more group features such as above the ability to send a message to everyone in the group. For group members to see each other so long as they are part of the group (share location with entire group).

WHen you click the message tab (next to the map tab) it shows you the area where messages are written, and your area for typing and sending a message. Is it not possible to include a list on the side of this screen to see the people in your group so you can switch between sending messages to a chosen person from this screen? Instead of first having to go back to the main screen, then click the menu button, then click on friends, then select which friend you want to be locked onto and hence will receive your messages? If I am wrong I apologize, I only have one friend, so I am not sure if the messaging feature sends to all by default.

Icons, we should be able to change our own icon and then our custom icon could be seen on the map instead of the pin baloon.

Is there a way to turn off tracks? Haven't seen it though I thought I did, lots of menus....if oyu had 50 friends tracking all over that would get annoying.

Is there a limit to people you can add? Does the more people you track cause more battery usage? Or as long as you are tracking even one person it is the same?

I know you can press menu then friends then click a friend to switch between them. But how about making it a little more friendly? Is it possible if you hold your press on the screen to bring up a menu of your friends, scroll it and select which friend. WHat about sliding the screen with your finger to the left, and moving in a friend list from the right, which you can click on which would then retract the screen back to the map now focused on the friend you chose?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Excellent

Post by admin »

Hi,
Many thanks for your feedback. So far there are no group features but I agree that it would be nice to have ones. Also swiping to the left to see the friends would be a good idea. The big problem is that that app started with Android 1.6 (and still supports Android 1.6) which does not support features like swiping.
Instead of first having to go back to the main screen, then click the menu button, then click on friends, then select which friend you want to be locked onto and hence will receive your messages
Maybe there is misunderstanding: You don't have to go to the friends dialog to specify the receiver of your message. The message-dialog contains a drop down box at the bottom where you can select the receiver. In fact, the friends dialog has no impact on the message-dialog. But I know it would be better to have an own message-tab for every friend.
Icons, we should be able to change our own icon and then our custom icon could be seen on the map instead of the pin baloon.
This is already possible, but only in the web portal settings. I agree with you that it would be easier to have the same feature in the app.
Is there a way to turn off tracks? Haven't seen it though I thought I did, lots of menus....if oyu had 50 friends tracking all over that would get annoying.
Yes, there are several ways. I think the easiest and most powerful option is the "Track Length Limit" setting.
Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXvm8mp04dE
Is there a limit to people you can add? Does the more people you track cause more battery usage? Or as long as you are tracking even one person it is the same?
Yes, due to server limitations currently there is a limit of 5 friends. People who really need to see more can buy more slots. It wont't hurt the battery if you are tracking 5 users. But it might have an impact if you are tracking 50 users.

All in all: I really would like to improve the user interface, for this I have to completely rewrite the app in Android 4.0 style. This will need a lot of time so it certainly will not happen in the next months. But I really hope I can do that sooner or later.