Battery Level

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Battery Level

Post by admin »

Hi Jabbatron,
Just want to let you know that I've already started to work on a new feature which enables you to use a higher update frequency when your phone is tracked. It will be available in the next release.
Jabbatron

Post by Jabbatron »

Sweeeet, you rock! Cant wait
Jabbatron

Post by Jabbatron »

Hey I'm just wondering, in-between updates does the gps go to sleep to save battery power? The reason i ask is i have it set to update every 5 minutes when I'm not logged in, and ever 10 seconds when i am but i can still only manage to get around 12 hours out of the battery. Don't get me wrong its good but I'm just thinking it should be better with such infrequent updates...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
yes if the app is not in foreground the gps will sleep between updates. You can test it - just look at the gps icon in the status bar. if the icon disappears the gps sleeps. But don't forget this only works if you have good GPS reception. Otherwise GPS will stay enabled until the phone gets a GPS fix.

Check the power consumption in the settings of your Android. You can see how many seconds GPS is used by the tracker and you can also check CPU consumption. You also have to be aware that GPS is not the only battery drainer. 3G also needs quite much battery.