Follow Friend

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
Kremmen

Follow Friend

Post by Kremmen »

I've just switched from RTT1 to RTT2 after 1 started giving refresh issues (Samsung Galaxy Tab S3).

I've been caught out twice now whilst tracking a friend where the 'follow me' feature had somehow been turned off so they remained stationary but the refresh time was still working. As they were on a train being stationary is not unusual so I assumed they were going to be late - wrong.

Is there a way that the follow me status could be displayed, or better still, locked until turned off ?

Or am I missing a trick ?

Ta
admin
Site Admin

Re: Follow Friend

Post by admin »

Initially it was planned to add an extra option switching this on/off. However there were already so many options that I didn't want to make the app more complicated. Current behaviour is: If you select the "follow" option the selected user should be followed until you move the map because in this case you obviously want to see a different area. If you want to follow a user again you need to activate the option again.

I'm not sure what your exact problem was. If the user was not refreshed maybe the tracked user just had some bad GPS conditions? But you should be able to see if the location is up to date because of the timestamp.
Kremmen

Re: Follow Friend

Post by Kremmen »

Fair enough.

This has only been an issue with RTT2. As per my other post I'm now back on RTT1 and all is well again.