IFTTT Enablement

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
tiguan

IFTTT Enablement

Post by tiguan »

In order to integrate real-time data (location, speed, other status) into actionable process steps, it might be a nice future enhancement for the app to be useable in IFTTT (if this then that) environments. This would be a more generic way of resolving app-triggered requirements. Do you think about this? Otherwise your app is almost perfect!
admin
Site Admin

Re: IFTTT Enablement

Post by admin »

Hi,
Currently it is not planned (but I agree it would be a nice feature). When I have more time maybe I will think again about it. Just for curiosity: what would you like to control? Maybe you can do it if you combine the tracker with a second app.
tiguan

Re: IFTTT Enablement

Post by tiguan »

BMW is using IFTTT e.g. for combining the geolocation with home-automation: e.g. switch lights/heating etc. on when coming home.
Another idea might be to combine 2 geolocations and trigger events (like email or SMS) then: if my bike moves, while I (second geolocation) am not on the same place, it might be stolen, while otherwise ( both move or I move) are ok. This is a more generic solution than a single geofence aouround the bike's location. Just as idea!