Geo Fence editing in App

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
awalsum

Geo Fence editing in App

Post by awalsum »

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the feature to edit and/or create geo-fences from within the app on a mobile phone? Currently I can only do this from a web portal. I would like to long-click on a place on the map and create a geo fence there and alternately long click on an existing geo fence to either delete it or edit it.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Geo Fence editing in App

Post by admin »

Hi,
It is actually on the TODO list but unfortunately it is not planned for the close future due to the high effort.
awalsum

Post by awalsum »

Hi,

Has this option climbed any higher on the todo list since I originally asked it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I actually implemented a very basic version just to see if it works. Unfortunately it's far from ready to release because the screen looks very ugly (just have no time to work on it). Still I use it on my personal phone to change my settings. I could provide it for download but expect the worst.
awalsum

Post by awalsum »

I'm game tot try it out :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you really want to use it you can download it here https://www.greenalp.com/downloads/rtt2 ... ersion.apk.
But be warned it's not intended for public use at all and there is not development progress planned at the moment. You can see it also in this screenshot that it's not planned for public use

You see also that the background color is wrong. I had to upgrade the UI framework but didn't have time to adapt code.
awalsum

Post by awalsum »

Thanks. :)
awalsum

Post by awalsum »

I get a message saying I don't have the required privilege.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

well, it of course only works if you have enabled geofences on the web page. The app dialog is not a new feature it's only a new frontend for the existing feature, so you don't need the web portal to configure your notifications.
awalsum

Post by awalsum »

Ahhh, I understand. I will need to buy credits first.