Set a Time Limit Option

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
Twocat

Set a Time Limit Option

Post by Twocat »

It would really help to have a feature where you can set a time limit on how long a temporary password works. Something like the competing app Glympse does it. You say let <email address> follow me for <y> minutes. If RTT had that I could remove the Glympse app from my phone.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Set a Time Limit Option

Post by admin »

Hi.
This feature is already on the todo list. In fact it is already implemented, - but only for the Web portal. Please have a look at the track and trace feature.
Twocat

Post by Twocat »

I just took a look at track and trace. Way too much and too confusing for cell phone. Glympse has, while it does less, has a much simpler interface that does everything non-business users like me need it to do. If this feature is added I would very much like something more limited but easier to use like what Glympse offers. All I need are controls for the following:

1. Who to send the email or text message to.
2. How long tracking will last.
3. Message to go with the email or text message that I can add.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree with you. Reason for the complex setup is that this feature is designed for companies. But maybe you should know that this feature could be used as temporary solution, because it is even more powerful than Glympse. For example, you can edit the feature at any time. But I admit, the setup is more complicated because you have to use the browser.