Saving tracks on my own server.

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
jknorst

Saving tracks on my own server.

Post by jknorst »

Any thoughts on be able to do this?

Jack
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving tracks on my own server.

Post by admin »

Hi,
Currently RTT is a closed system, the app does not send coordinates directly to other servers. But of course you could use "Track Loading" to download and import track data to your server.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Hi

I am also interested with this question.

Yes, track loading is one solution, except that it only works for newly recorded data. But, what about the data that is already on RTT2 (showing on the map within the app) but for some reason I can't see them on the browser operated map? Is there a way today that I can force the data to be sent to the server?

It would be very useful if you could provide a function to force to upload date to the server.

That being said.... why this was the track not showing on the browser mat to begin with (it used to show, but stopped, I have no filters one and the data is only few weeks old, but suddenly it stop showing...

Can you please advise how to fix this and avoid this from happening again.

Great thanks,

Sunny
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just replied your other post, so maybe this one is solved too. If there are still questions just let me know.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Thank you for your reply.

To be honest, I am still puzzled, please allow me to explain why.

I have some tracks that are as old as June 17, and still showing on both maps, at RTT2 and the browser. The newest tracks now just disappear aver 24 hrs, but just from the map on the browser. At the RTT2 level, when I induce the Track Load function all the data are still there, I can still retrieve all the records...

Now, may be I am still missing something on how the data is processed between the browser, the application and the server level (may be you can clarify that) but my biggest mystery lies in the fact that all the data exist, they are physically there, but can't seem to have them reflected on the web page.

Is there a way to force that? I tried to use the Track & Trace function, hoping that the data will finally be retrieved, but with no success.

Finally, how can I stop the tracks to vanish after 24 hrs? in the beginning it didn't used to that (tracks from one user from June 17 to July 3rd are persistently there) but tracks from two other users (appearing on the same map ) won't last more that 24 hrs...

Again, sorry to be persistent on this topic, but I am very keen to understand the different mechanisms that are in place.

Thank you so much as always for your patience and valuable support.

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Yes, it is possible that you see one track starting from 17th, and a different track starting later. Every user has his own pool of trackpoints with a default size of 1000. So if the second user records every day many trackpoints more than the first user, the server will of course have to delete older points much sooner for the second user. So their tracks will have sooner or later different start times.

If you say that for some user the track disappears after 24 hours I'm pretty sure that this user has configured a "Track Lenght Limit" of 24 hours. This means that this user won't show tracks older than the configured time. Please have a look at this instruction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuINsdW0xS0.

As a test, maybe it would be a good idea if all users (you included) remove all their track limits (the limit applied to themselves, and the limit applied to their friends).
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Regarding the first point, that's clear.

As for the second point. No filters have been set ever, not even for one user,

Now, one last request. All points, all tracks old and new, they all still exist (even the one disappearing after 24 hrs) at RTT2 map level. How can I force these tracks to be visible on the browser map?

Very grateful,

Sunny
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, but the free version supports only 1000 trackpoints. You cannot load larger tracks in the web portal even if the older trackpoints haven't been deleted yet. The delete job runs every few days, so most likely tomorrow the tracks of all users will be partially deleted. Only the latest 1000 trackpoints will be left. This ensures that you will always see your latest track on the map, but at the same time it will ensure that there is enough capacity on the server to save new tracks.
If you want to keep old tracks too for a user, this user needs the "Track-Loading" privilege. But this is a non-free feature.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Thank you as always.
So, basically, you are saying this is purely a data set volume issue no more...therefore, as long as a track volume is kept within 1,000 track points, the system always systematically load the tracks... ok, fair enough.

Thank you again.

Sunny
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Yes, every user has a free contingent of 1000 data points. So can configure the tracker to show shorter tracks but not to show longer tracks (because there are no more track points saved). Only, if a user is a "Track Loading" user, you can see longer tracks. But still you would need to configure the map with special URL parameters to make the longer tracks visible.