How Long In One Spot

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
SteveW

How Long In One Spot

Post by SteveW »

Hi,

First off great app. My wife and I have been using it for quite awhile.

We used to use InstaMapper for tracking when the app was still being supported. The shutdown of that app is what brought us to you. They ONLY thing we miss from the days of using InstaMapper is the ability to see how long someone has been at their current position (30 minutes, 4 hours, etc). I would see that as best displayed in the status box for a person along with the co-ords, bat life, etc. I think for that to work there would have to be a definition in the program of what constitutes being at the same area - xx meter radius sort of setting... I forget how it was implemented in InstaMapper.

Would it be possible for this capability to be added in the future?

Tnx
-Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: How Long In One Spot

Post by admin »

Hi,
Currently this is not possible. Have you tried to configure a minimum distance? Maybe this would have a similar effect (tracker stops updating if you don't move. The time counter would increase until you move again.
hyteoo

Re: How Long In One Spot

Post by hyteoo »

Hi

as this is the feature request section, I have a suggestion on this
Implement a user defined counter (in min, hours, etc) which shall define after how long you are set as "stationary"
When set as stationary, add a filled circle on the map (similar to the google maps current position marker).
A plus would be to define circle color depending on the time.

I'm also a web developer/programmer so I would be glad to help any way I can on your app. I have to say, it's the only app that satsfied all my requirements :)