OSMAND Online tracking via web-address

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
jimknopf666

OSMAND Online tracking via web-address

Post by jimknopf666 »

I love OSMAND one of the best apps for navigation when it comes to following preconfigured tracks during my cycling tours.
As the tracks are getting longer every month I would like to keep my wife and friends updated on my current location.
Also because sometimes I go all by myself and I would like to have a backup e.g. for the case of emergency.

OSMAND does provide the possibility for online tracking via web-address. The data can be sent in the following format.

http://www.greenalp.com/liveTracking.do ... }&speed={5}

It would be extremly cool if it would be possible to use this option also with greenalp. Any chances to implement this feature ?

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Re: OSMAND Online tracking via web-address

Post by admin »

Hi,
You mean you would like to have an API you can use to post locations to the server? Such a feature is not available, maybe it comes in the future. But why you don't use RTT and OSMAND together? I don't think that battery consumption will be that much higher.
jimknopf666

Re: OSMAND Online tracking via web-address

Post by jimknopf666 »

I find it quite cumbersome to start 3 apps at the same. I am using Osmand for navigation, RTT for live tracking and Sporttracker for recording my workouts. For me it would be benefitial to minimize the number of apps I need to start simultaneously. But of course you are right it works to start RTT in parallel to the other apps.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. Please keep me posted once you decide to implement a web API.