Announcing new app: RTT2

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
locodelivery

Re: Announcing new app: RTT2

Post by locodelivery »

Hi, we are slowly upgrading our phones, half are currently running 2.2 and half 4.4, which we have updated to RTT2. What would be useful is a way of remote restarting the phones, which would restart the app or shutting them off completely. Obviously this is business use, but data allowances are being swallowed due to people forgetting to turn off the phones after they finish for the day, or turning off the app but leaving phones left on with mobile data running :(

Many Thanks Florian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
do you mean restarting service or restarting phone? The app cannot restart the phone. I think this would work only on rooted phones.
MrWiles6013

Post by MrWiles6013 »

I haven't used my RTT2 in over two weeks. Despite erasing and downloading via play store twice. It will not display any maps or my location but it says it is. Via the website I am there and displayed on a map. Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What is the exact problem? Is there a problem with the map on the phone?
Trackr!!!

Post by Trackr!!! »

Florian,

did you manage to split the gps and upload intervals?

I read somewhere in the beginning of this thread you were thinking of doing it like this:

gps update interval=30sec
upload interval=5min

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Trackr
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
yes, that is possible in RTT2. Have a look at the update interval settings.
Simon John

Post by Simon John »

HI Florian,
I only found RTT2 by accident, I have been using the original till now . I really like RTT2 and am sorry I didn't come across it earlier, can I suggest if there is a way to do it that if a user has the original version, RTT2 will show up in the phone notifications as an update for an app available on the play store . I cant imagine anyone would not like it, I suppose there must be a good reason why this is not the case, just feedback that in my case I would have been glad to know. Having said that I have only just found and subscribed to the forums !! this is all probably my own fault for not paying closer attention till now.
Brilliant work, thanks a lot. Simon.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your feedback :-). Indeed, when RTT2 was launched, I configured RTT to show an upgrade message popup. Two months later I disabled the popup because I don't want to annoy users :-)
apollothethird

Post by apollothethird »

admin wrote:Hi,
Thanks a lot for your feedback :-). Indeed, when RTT2 was launched, I configured RTT to show an upgrade message popup. Two months later I disabled the popup because I don't want to annoy users :-)
The download and upload features don't work on your other program. Also, I can't get support for it.

Can you tell me if it works for this program? I don't mind paying, but will need something that actually works.

From reading the messages it appears that you are currently giving support for this version.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
currently I support both versions. As you have already sent an email I suggest to continue the email conversation.