Announcing new app: RTT2

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
korosteleff

Re: Announcing new app: RTT2

Post by korosteleff »

Hello dear support !
Can you please make a works hour scheduler.
That i can set work hours of RTT2 service
(etc. 08:00 - 21:00 - online
21:01 - 07:59 - offline)
It can safe batery power at night time.
Thanks a lot.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
sorry, that's out of scope of this tracker. But you can use remote control to save battery. Leave the tracker off and start it remote while you are viewing. Afterwards switch off again.
Dusha

Post by Dusha »

korosteleff wrote: That i can set work hours of RTT2 service
You can use Tasker to achieve this ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dusha wrote:
korosteleff wrote: That i can set work hours of RTT2 service
You can use Tasker to achieve this ;)
Thanks for posting this. I forgot this option :-)
korosteleff

Post by korosteleff »

Thanks !!!
Tasker - super, problem fixed !!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm curious, so maybe some of you could post their opinion concerning my two questions:
1.) How do you like the app in general? What do you like more? RTT1, RTT2, or both the same? Anything where RTT2 is worse than RTT1?
2.) Have you used the Welcome Wizard? New users will see this wizard automatically when they start the app for the first time. You can start the wizard using the menu in the settings screen. Do you think the Welcome Wizard will help new users or will it cause confusion? Maybe too much text?
Dusha

Post by Dusha »

admin wrote:I'm curious, so maybe some of you could post their opinion concerning my two questions:
1.) How do you like the app in general? What do you like more? RTT1, RTT2, or both the same? Anything where RTT2 is worse than RTT1?
2.) Have you used the Welcome Wizard? New users will see this wizard automatically when they start the app for the first time. You can start the wizard using the menu in the settings screen. Do you think the Welcome Wizard will help new users or will it cause confusion? Maybe too much text?
1. I really like the app. RTT2 in my usage scenario is much better (as it supports new update intervals). I have not yet the chance for a long test, will start it on June 11 with 3500km drive.
But so far on short trips everything was fine.The only thing I do not like is the scrollable status bar. Wrapping it in several rows might be a better option.
2. Nope as I have migrated from RTT1. But have tried it and it seems logical enough for newcomers.
liquidthex

Post by liquidthex »

Hi! I just gave RTT2 a try for the first time. I've used v1 for like a year now.

Unfortunately I didn't go through the wizard, so I can't provide feedback on that.

I got extremely excited over the better interface and multi-map feature.

But I did run into 2 immediate issues with RTT2 that basically made me switch back to v1 immediately..

First is when I launch it the map centers on a seemingly random place, so I click the GPS center button in the lower-right (looks like a target), it doesn't immediately center on me but then if I move the map it says "Auto-follow mode deactivated" and then centers on my actual location.... and then I can't pan the map, it keeps re-centering on my location.. if I click the target again nothing happens immediately, but if I pan the map same thing it centers on me and says "auto-follow mode deactivated", and continues to center on me. Seemingly I cannot pan the map unless I restart the app and do not ever click the center on me icon.. Not sure what to do about it..

Second issue is with ads, I tried to buy the 1-year ad-free and receive an error from the google play store that the item I'm trying to purchase doesn't exist.. So I went back to RTT1 and bought it there (I wasn't even aware it existed! So I'm happier now regardless WOOT!), and it works in v1 just fine, but I guess does not carry over to RTT2...So it seems there is no way to remove ads from RTT2.. Not a huge deal, but I did just get my hopes up and then bubble burst situation. Still, no more ads in v1, so I'm happy :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your input.
First is when I launch it the map centers on a seemingly random place
I had the same problem. Should be fixed now. Please download the new version.
Second issue is with ads, I tried to buy the 1-year ad-free and receive an error from the google play store that the item I'm trying to purchase doesn't exist
That's because the app hasn't been added to the Google Play Store yet (will happen around July 5th). Afterwards purchasing should work. I'm wondering why you still are seeing ads in RTT2. If you buy the ad-free permission it should be effective in both apps. Could you please recheck? Are you using the same username for both apps?
I click the GPS center button in the lower-right (looks like a target), it doesn't immediately center on me but then if I move the map it says "Auto-follow mode deactivated" and then centers on my actual location.... and then I can't pan the map, it keeps re-centering on my location.. if I click the target again nothing happens immediately, but if I pan the map same thing it centers on me and says "auto-follow mode deactivated", and continues to center on me. Seemingly I cannot pan the map unless I restart the app and do not ever click the center on me icon
This is the part which really confuses me. I cannot reproduce the problem on my phone but if this occurs again on your phone it definitely has to be fixed. The app should work like this way:
1.) If you click the target the map should center your location and keep your location centered even if your are moving (I call this auto-follow mode).
2.) If you pan the map the app assumes that you obviously don't want to keep your location in the center anymore. So it stops the auto-follow mode and displays message "auto-follow mode deactivated". So if you see this message and you pan the map again your location should not jump back to the center anymore (because auto-follow mode has been deactivated).

Could you please try again and tell me if the map works like this on your phone? If you pan the map, will the auto-follow mode be deactivated immediately or do you have to pan the map several times?
jhp

Post by jhp »

Please consider a full map screen option also in Android version of RRT2: The menu bars consume a lot of display space causing the result that the remaining map is very small.