Announcing new app: RTT2

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
korosteleff

Re: Announcing new app: RT2

Post by korosteleff »

Hello dear support !
RT2 not start automaticaly (when reboot phone) on son's smartphone Android 4.1
Previous version "Real Time GPS Tracker" - work fine, but sometimes respond message about service restarted.
On my phone Android 4.0.4 both version application work fine (start service automaticaly).
Can you please resolve this issue.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,
Hm, that's strange because the code has not changed for that feature. In other feature, either RT1 and RT2 both work or both don't work. Maybe you should try to uninstall both apps. Afterwards only install RT2. Maybe there is a conflict on your phone if both apps are installed at the same time. Important: After installing you need to configure the account and start the tracker at least one time manually before it can start automatically.
korosteleff

Post by korosteleff »

Thank you !
I removed both version RT, then clean application cache and install RT2.
After that service started automatically.
Works fine ! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As a last step the update interval for friend locations is configurable now. Now all important update intervals are configurable (hope I did not forget anything).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Concerning abbreviation: it seems that "RTT2" is more intuitive than "RT2", because most users use "RTT2" in their postings. So I changed the text in the launcher icon to "RTT2". Has anyone a good reason for the "RT2" or for "RTT2"? I tend to change official abbreviation from "RT2" to "RTT2". The only reason I used "RT2" so far was that generally I prefer abbreviations having three characters only.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Concerning translations: First I want to thank all translators for their help. That's really a great support. I'm aware that the file is quite big and it is much work to translate the complete file (nevertheless we have two complete translation files, big thanks to Russian and Dutch translators).

I think the translation portal provided by getlocalization.com is quite good, but unfortunately it is a bit too expensive. As I don't want to pay 40 USD per month, I'm planning to stop using this service. Maybe I will extend this service for one month but not longer, and maybe I will put the existing translation files on the forum in the meantime. Of course this solution would not be very comfortable so I will continue searching for a an alternative solution.
Dusha

Post by Dusha »

I personally like RTT2

Re translations, hopefully you will be able to capture what was already done by the others (but not finished yet).
lex75

Post by lex75 »

admin wrote:Concerning abbreviation: it seems that "RTT2" is more intuitive than "RT2",..... having three characters only.
Intuitive is the right word, and the 4 characters isnt bothering me in anny way.
admin wrote:Concerning translations: First I want to thank all translators for their help. That's really a great support. I'm aware that the file is quite big and it is much work to translate the complete file (nevertheless we have two complete translation files, big thanks to Russian and Dutch translators).
Your welcom!
And dont forget German :)

I do wonder why the latest translations of the synchonization time where not updated.
i translated them right after they came out.
Is that automatic? because then i think my cookies are not been enabled in a good way.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, of course German too :-).

I will save all translations, so nothing will be lost.

OK, so the official abbreviations will be RTT1 and RTT2.
I do wonder why the latest translations of the synchonization time where not updated.
Most probably my fault. Hopefully fixed now. I've uploaded a new version.
lex75

Re: Announcing new app: RTT2

Post by lex75 »

Great!!

All there now.
Keep up the good work! :D