Network location update not working

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Network location update not working

Post by admin »

About the storage permission. I added it because it's needed if you want to use offline maps.
You could remotely check if the app is running, if you just login to the web portal, open the remote control and you send a command. If you a reply it's running. Maybe the best idea is first to send a "start service" command, because if it wasn't running before it should run after this command. But of course the device needs to be connected to the Internet.

About the GPS: Location permission is not enough. You also need to enable GPS in you Android System Settings.
cehc754

Post by cehc754 »

Just want to provide an update:

The Samsung A20 actually is on Android 10.

Also, I enabled developer mode, and went in and checked running services. The RealtimeTracker2 Service was not running.
So looks like this is the reason I'm not seeing updates on the location of the device.

How do we get this fixed? Autostart and Auto-continue are both enabled in the App on this phone.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When the service is running you should see an icon in your notification bar. I think this is the easiest option to check whether the service is running or not.
Autostart and Auto-continue should ensure that the service is automatically starting when your phone is booting up (but there are some phones that don'T support Autostart, so there is no guarantee). Anyway, when the service is stopped by clicking the "Stop" button or if the service is automatically stopped by Android it will not be started automatically again. You need to click the Start-button in this case.
cehc754

Post by cehc754 »

Hi,

Just want to post two pieces of information:

- I noticed the RealTimeGPS Tracker Android Service was not running under Android Services - when the tracking of the phone wasn't working.

This was after the phone was booted up and the Android service was observed to be running for a while. This means for some reason, Android stopped the tracking service sometime after the service was running.

I wonder - what could have caused Android to stop the tracking service while it's running? This really needs to be figured out to make this App usable in Android.

Or I'd need to call the person to 'click start in the RealtimeTracking App' to tell the person I can track the phone, which really defeats the purpose of tracking the phone. If the phone was stolen obviously the person holding the phone won't want to be tracked... .

- in one instance, I noticed the phone showed in doze mode and location was outdated by over 10 days. Would doze mode cause Android to stop the tracking service?

Thanks.