Setting minimum distance leaves a gap in the track

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
damgut

Setting minimum distance leaves a gap in the track

Post by damgut »

I'm setting minimum distance to 200 meters in the expert configuration. The sync time is 300 seconds.
I'm traveling by car and tracking is working well. Every new sync point is joined with a line with the latest sync point in the map that can be seen in the browser.
I stay a long in a place. The gps position is updated in the app map but the position is not synchronized to the browser map (this is exactly what I want). I move again and after the position synchronized a new point is added in the browser map.

The problem: there is no line which joins the new point with the latest point. The track have an annoying gap.

Is this a bug? Or how can I get rid of it?

Bye,
Damian
admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting minimum distance leaves a gap in the track

Post by admin »

Hi,
Do you see the gap in the web portal or in the app. The system assumes that you have started a new track if there is no update for more than 30 minutes, which is why there is a gap.
damgut

Post by damgut »

Hi, I mean the web portal. In the app I can see the track without gaps.

But I found the solution in the meantime: using "tracksplitdistance=200000" solves the problem doing exactly what I wanted. That's why I asked to have a list: (https://www.greenalp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5112)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great, that's the correct solution. You seem to be a forum expert now :-)