GPS jumping everywhere

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
pizzarepublichx

GPS jumping everywhere

Post by pizzarepublichx »

I have just installed this on to a new phone and my previous one that I’m still using is perfect. When on the gps stays in one place but on the new one the gps jumps everywhere. Even though the phone is stationary. It’s a different username to the other one. I can send you the password if required?
admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS jumping everywhere

Post by admin »

Hi,
If the device is stationary it is normal that GPS jumps around (especially when you are inside), because GPS reception is not perfect. If your old phone worked better, it means, it has a better GPS than your new phone.

You should also check if the accuracy circle around the displayed location is blue or green. If it's blue, it means the location was determined with GPS (which is usually quite exact). If it's green the the location is only estimated with network/wifi triangulation because the GPS signal was too weak.

Maybe you could improve accuracy a bit if you check the app settings. You could for example configure the app to filter out inaccurate measurements and you could also force the app to measure several times before submitting the location.