How do I reduce track length visible to myself?

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
HomeInstallers

How do I reduce track length visible to myself?

Post by HomeInstallers »

We are testing out this GPS app for a small fleet of vehicles. We would like to limit the tracking for each vehicle (device) to about 20 minutes. I have all of the accounts set to a maximum track age of 20 minutes for "Own Track" and for "Friend's Track". I also have both checkboxes checked ("Reduce track length also when displayed to me" and "Reduce length of my own track").

Now each vehichle can only see 20 minutes of track from each other vehicle. However each vehicle can also see about a full days worth of tracking for themselves. Despite what the settings say each vehicle still shows a log of much longer than 20 minutes for itself. I need to be able to limit this. The point is that at the end of the day there is not a full log available and accessible for each vehicle/device/account. The promise is that only 20 minutes of time will be tracked. But if each device brings back over a days worth of history then that promise cannot be trusted.

How do I reduce/limit/remove automatically any tracking data over 20 minutes from my own accounts?

***edit: I just noticed that the track data is entirely removed from the phone display if I choose "shutdown all" or restart the phone. So it looks like the application needs a hard reboot before the track data is disposed of... this is still not idea. Is there anyway to automatically reduce what is displayed for your own account? Or perhaps have ZERO tracking for your own display so that no track is ever made in the first place?

***edit2: one more quick question side note.. don't want to make a new thread... can you customise track color based on user? thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I reduce track length visible to myself?

Post by admin »

Hi,
When you are limiting the track length, these settings have only an impact on the published tracks and not on the local track displayed on your own device. Usually users don't mind if they see their complete own track - they usually even appreciate it. This is the reason why it was implemented that way. I'm afraid the only way to remove the tracks after 20 minutes is to restart the app.
However, there is an option to hide tracks completely from the local screen. Touch the map to make the button in lower left corner visible. Click the button and select "Set display options". Uncheck "My trail". Please note, as soon as a user checked this checkbox again, the track would be back.
Sorry, custom colors cannot be supported at the moment. As the active development is currently on-hold, no new features can be added for now.
HomeInstallers

Post by HomeInstallers »

Hi thanks very much for the reply. I don't have the devices with me at the moment as I just started a month's a vacation. Are you saying this will not display any tracks at all, even the 20 min trails from other teams? Or are you saying this will only not display My personal track? I don't mind not having any control to limit the display length of my own track if the only toggle is on/off. But I would still like to see everyone else tracks. Is this what "My trail" does? Or does it mean every trail?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It would hide only your own track on your device. You can hide the other tracks as well by unchecking "Friends' trail". You can use this menu only to configure your personal preferences. For example, if you choose to hide your own track in the display options, you would not see your trail in your app, but your friends would still see your trail in their app.
HomeInstallers

Post by HomeInstallers »

Ok I've had a chance to try it out and that works. Thanks very much!

Also I totally missed that menu in the bottom right. Any reason you can't duplicate those settings in the regular settings menu? Worth having in there.

Thanks again. Great app.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
you can configure this app to show more than one map (for example three maps on the same screen). You can configure display options for each map. That's why each map needs its own options menu. The general settings contain only settings which are globally valid.