A couple of issues

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
Sunny

A couple of issues

Post by Sunny »

Hi,

I have experienced the following issues, may be you can help resolve/understand why it happened

1. I was out and no tracking seemed to have been recorded. Nothing showed up. To check if there is an actual record on system or not, I manually track loaded the data directly from the app RTT2, and as expected the data was recorded, just didn't show on the map when I run it trough the browser...

The issue is as follows: I see the track record through RTT2 App, but I can't get it to display it on the map (browser side). How can have this track data to show on the regular map?

2. Second issue: a quick question - when I used remote control and executed either Force Start GPS (Track Once) or a GPS Status command, the system replied with "GPS timeout" - Now is this timeout means that there is no satellite around, or a weak signal, or does it mean that the phone' s GPS was off? Please clarify.

one suggestion if I may:

Would it be possible to add on the remote control the same command that exists under Tracks on the RTT2 app... this could help eliminate issue number two above, and second, to help upload the data from a device that only connectes to a wifi at the start and at the end of track.

As always, thank you in advance for the support..

Kind regards,
admin
Site Admin

Re: A couple of issues

Post by admin »

Hi,
Please note that in the free version the map shows a maximum of 1000 track points. I guess this is the reason why you don't see your complete track. IN app you can indeed specify to load longer tracks - but only as long as the server has not deleted them. Situation is different if you are a "Track Loading" user: In this case you can configure also your map in the web portal to show the complete track and the server will not delete any of your track points (except you reach the technical limit of 1 million track points).
GPS timeout: It just means that the track waited a certain time for a location update but did not receive one. There are several possible reasons. Either the signal is just too weak, or you disabled GPS in your location android settings, or you just did not grant location permissions to the app. But usually the reason is that the signal is too weak. Have you tried outside where you have clear view of the sky?