Resetting GPS Tracker 2 to trace the originally set device

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
Sunny

Resetting GPS Tracker 2 to trace the originally set device

Post by Sunny »

Ok... Here is the situation:

I have two phones, let's call them Phone A and Phone B.

I originally setup Phone A under Account A and created a URL under that account.

Then I decided to setup Phone B to do the same except that instead of creating a new Account B, I chose to use the existing Account A thinking that it would be a separate URL... :(

Well, as a result I can only trace Phone B and lost control of Phone A.

My question is as follows:

How can I reset Realtimetracker to track back on the original phone A knowing that I still have both URL's in my records. Is it possible to reset RealTimetracker to track back Phone A without having Phone A to resent me a new URL (I know, this would be the best way, but the phone is no longer in my possession and the person handling this phone will not be able to do it.

Any possible hope of re-setting tracker?

Thank you

Sunny
admin
Site Admin

Re: Resetting GPS Tracker 2 to trace the originally set device

Post by admin »

Hi,
First of all, it is not possible to run two trackers with the same account at the same time. This would result in technical difficulties. So, as a first step please register a new account for "phone b". Afterwards you just have to restart "phone a" and everything should work. Of course all your tracks recorded so far, will be associated with Account A.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Thank you for responding.

Actually, Imwas running one tracker with two phones... technically it is possible. All you have to do is to use an already existing username when running the wizard, the system allows you to do that. From the system point of you, it would register any data that comes under a given username, regardless where the data come from.

To my surprise, the solution was actually quite simple. Create it a new user name for phone b resolved the issue, and phone a kept feeding the system as normal, it actually never stopped feeding the system.

Thank you for the support. Just thought I share the outcome of this experience with you.

Kind regards,
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK thanks. What I meant: Yes, you can configure two phones with the same username, but you must not run them at the same time. Otherwise your tracks will be mixed up.