Friend not showing on map

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
pshand

Friend not showing on map

Post by pshand »

When i open android app my friend does not show on map and i dont get option to follow on map even though they show as a visible friend on server.After a lengthy period of time sometimes they show up, sometimes not. I am always visible to them tho.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Friend not showing on map

Post by admin »

Hi,
When your friend is not displayed in the map, can you please check if he is listed in the slide-in menu on the left side of the app screen?
pshand

Post by pshand »

No they aren't showing. However if I open friends they are listed and say we are visible to each other. Delay seems to have settled to around 5 minutes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, could you please slide in the menu and send a screenshot? You can send it either here or via email. Please send also your friend's username.
pshand

Post by pshand »

How do I attach a screen shot to here?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can only send a link. I think the easiest is if you just attach the image to an email and send it to Greenalp Support.
nztut132

Post by nztut132 »

Was this solved?

I have similar issues with friends not updating for up to half an hour on my app. But able to see them immediately on the pc. Pressing the refresh doesn't update it. I'm connected to the internet. Friends are supposed to update every 15 seconds.

This is new for me, as I've used the app without this issues for a couple of years. It's changed within the last couple of months.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
There is never such a problem on my test phones, so I'm not sure if there is a problem on server side. Can you reproduce the problem? For example if you shut down the app in the menu and restart it, will the location still be outdated? If so, please check also the website again. Is a different location displayed there?
nztut132

Post by nztut132 »

Shutdown all worked. When I went back in the server got updated.
The online map always shows an up to date location, but the app can be 12 hours or more out of date, and the refresh button doesn't do anything.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
I'm not sure which Refresh button you mean. Can you send a screenshot?