record gps data

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
spark

record gps data

Post by spark »

hi,

great app! thanks to the developer

would be most grateful if anyone can answer a couple of questions - i dont have a smartphone but would like to get one specifically for this

can this app keep a record of gps data on the device even if there is no cell-signal? if not, is it possible to run another app to do this?

can i use this to keep a track of where i have walked (im walking so not sure if this will reduce the location updating frequency).

thanks folks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: record gps data

Post by admin »

Hi,
the app sends the track points to the web portal, so you can see the most recent track points on the web portal. Users who buy the track loading feature can even see tracks from the past.
If there is no cell signal the app will continue to record your location (it uses GPS to determine your location), and as soon as cell signal is available and your phone is connected to internet again it will send all records as batch to the server.

The app always itself always displays only the most recent track points. If you need to see complete tracks on your phone I recommend to try other apps. Just search for "gps tracker" in the market.