Requesting for clarification

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
aargee

Re: Requesting for clarification

Post by aargee »

admin wrote:Well, you need the data connection for transmitting location dato to server. But you don't need data connection permanently. The tracker will just wait until conncetion works and send all buffered location data. But of course this works only if GPS is working, and for that you might need again data connection in certain cases.
Understood well & Thank you for such lovely product. I tested it this morning again (RTT2) & it worked like a charm :)

If you could shed some light as, how much of GPS data can the phone hold before turning ON data connection to dump all the stored data & integrate into the map? Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Very much. Should last for several days (except your internal sd card is full)
aargee

Post by aargee »

admin wrote:Very much. Should last for several days (except your internal sd card is full)
Oh!! Is there a way/setting in which I can redirect the storage to external card pls?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately not. Is there no space left? It needs only a few megabytes.
aargee

Post by aargee »

admin wrote:Unfortunately not. Is there no space left? It needs only a few megabytes.
There's a specific reason I'm asking this; I ride around the country & have clocked anywhere from 800 Km (500 mi) to 8135 (5000+ mi) between 1 day to 13 days so far. So...
1. I know I've to buy Load Tracking for this, but then, I'm not sure if I need to download it everyday or can I have the liberty to download even after 15-20 days? So until then will the route be stored on server?
2. Not sure if 10+ days of route data can be held in about 1 GB free space on internal memory
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you have Track Loading, you can download all of your tracks whenever you want. The server won't delete any of your tracks until Track Loading expires.
Which update interval do you plan to use? Actually I think 1 GB free space should be enough. Will you never be connected to internet during those 10 days?

Don't forget to check if you will have enough battery.
aargee

Post by aargee »

admin wrote:Which update interval do you plan to use? Actually I think 1 GB free space should be enough. Will you never be connected to internet during those 10 days?
Yes sir, I will
admin wrote:Don't forget to check if you will have enough battery.
Yes; I've 4000mAh battery powered mobile with 15000mAh Anker power bank & additional 5000mAh solar power charger
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

aargee wrote: Yes sir, I will
If you have internet access from time to time buffering should not be that a problem for you. Data size won't become that big if the phone has not to wait too long until synchronization is possible.
aargee

Post by aargee »

Thank you very much; appreciate your timely & crisp responses
aargee

Post by aargee »

After a superb support & awesome product, I decided to buy...
Payment success. Thank you very much, your feature is enabled and remains active until Mon, 30 May 2016 00:27:36 +0000.
Please keep in mind that you can use your feature only if you are logged in.