General questions

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
jakeb3482

Re: General questions

Post by jakeb3482 »

Hi there. This application is great!

Is there any way to use the tracking feature without 3G or cellular service? I will be in the middle of the forest this weekend where there may not be cell reception and I wanted my Wife and Daughter to be able to check my location and receive/send messages. I am almost positive I will not be able to receive/send messages with the app but how about the tracking portion?

Thanks for a great app!

Jake
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Sorry, the app works only when 3G is available, otherwise there is no possibility to send your position to the server. Maybe there are a few spots in the forest where cellular service is available? As soon internet is available the tracker will continue to send your position.
bd692000

Post by bd692000 »

I forgot my password...lol I just opened this accountlike a week ago and I must not have saved my password on the pc. Is there a way to reset it? Thanks and by the way I absolutely love this app!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you wish I can send a new password to the email adress you have entered in your web portal settings.
leslie.hermanns

Post by leslie.hermanns »

When Google maps wouldn't let me do realtime updating for my husband's Droid Eris and this did.....I'm in love! Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your feedback
phaeton08

Post by phaeton08 »

Hi,

Thanks for creating this app. I am now using it so our family members can track our travels in our Motorhome. I upload a picture but don't see it on this posting.

Phaeton08
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, thanks for your feedback. To upload the picture to the forum you have to click "User Control Panel" on the top left side. Afterwards click "Profile" and "edit avatar".
gugoendre

transmission

Post by gugoendre »

Hi!
First, I apologize, if not the exact text, I use Web-based translation ...
The question would be that the program only through the 3G network to send the data? If you have wi-fi enabled for data traffic, it does not work? I can send an instant message, it works.

I like to ride fixed route and share with friends, but my system is enabled with 3G and wi-fi enabled only.

thx
DaveR1974

Post by DaveR1974 »

I love this app - it's fantastic!

Is there any way to stop the track (i.e. the route I've been on) displaying to users using the guest link? I only really want people to know where I am at the moment, not where I've been. I've set the view track option in settings to "nobody but me" but it still displays.

If not, I'll just have to get into the habit of deleting the track data regularly.

Thanks!

Dave