General questions

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
njjoe

Re: General questions

Post by njjoe »

I love your APP!

I am heading on a 6-day 600-mile trip on a Waverunner and was looking for a program that would enable others to track my progress. I never thought I would anything as good as your app. I just did not think something like that would exist, and for free!

I tried to show my appreciation by sending a donation via PayPal but the link was not in English. Is there an English link available?

Thanks again.

-Joe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

njjoe wrote:I love your APP!

I am heading on a 6-day 600-mile trip on a Waverunner and was looking for a program that would enable others to track my progress. I never thought I would anything as good as your app. I just did not think something like that would exist, and for free!

I tried to show my appreciation by sending a donation via PayPal but the link was not in English. Is there an English link available?

Thanks again.

-Joe
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, Joe. Sorry for the wrong PayPal link. Does it work now?
modinfo

Re: Can I use your app on my device

Post by modinfo »

trader wrote:Hey there,

We're located in Sydney Australia and I would like to say that I have used your app on a Samsung Android phone and it is fantastic. It worked really well, straight away we could watch our vehicle travel away and park at the local hardware store. It was so acurate we could tell exactly which parking slot the vehicle parked in. Very impressed.

I would like to try and use your app with a Garmin/Asus A50. This device runs Android 1.6 and is a Mobile/GPS hybrid. For tracking purposes I think this would be a good device to use your app with as it is designed to turn on automatically when your vehicle starts so the device will always be on and ready for tracking when the vehicle moves.
Do you know if your app will work with this device?

Thanks again for your program and I will await your reply.

Im using Nuvifone Garmin asus A50 with android 2.1 and it's work perfectly.
modinfo

Post by modinfo »

trader wrote:
modinfo wrote:
Thanks Modinfo. Did your A50 come with Android 2.1 or did you update from 1.6? Do you know if you can update to 2.2?

2.0 update to 2.1...

Go to
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us
modinfo

Post by modinfo »

modinfo wrote:
trader wrote:
modinfo wrote:
Thanks Modinfo. Did your A50 come with Android 2.1 or did you update from 1.6? Do you know if you can update to 2.2?

2.0 update to 2.1...

Go to
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us
or
https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/login.htm
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello trader,
Seems you already got support from Mo (thanks a lot, Mo). Just want to mention that I often test this app with Android 1.6 so there should be no problem using Android 1.6.
njjoe

Post by njjoe »

admin wrote: Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, Joe. Sorry for the wrong PayPal link. Does it work now?
Yes, PayPal is now in English. I sent a small token of my appreciation via PayPal. Thanks again for an excellent product.

--Joe
njjoe

Post by njjoe »

Again, this is an excellent app!

I have a question on how it works. Yesterday I was traveling in the ocean and through the back bays of Chincoteague Island (Virginia) well away from any cell service yet when I got back home the tracks were visible on Real Time Tracker. How does that happen? Does the application store the locations/times in the phone until a cell site comes in range? If that is the case can I get more life out of my phone by turning off the phone reciever (airplane mode) and just the app and leaving GPS on until I get back to shore?

Thanks.

-Joe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
so far the app doesn't buffer any data (maybe it will do so in future). Maybe your phone received some signal from time to time when you just didn't expect it.

Basically Real Time Tracker visualizes a track if it finds track points having a minimum distance of less than 30 minutes. In the web portal click on the track to see the exact track points recorded by Real Time GPS Tracker. Click the "next"- and "previous" buttons to see the neighbour track points.

If you are sure that you are not in cell range for a longer period I generally recommend to switch off Real Time GPS Tracker because it wouldn't be able to send the position anyway.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks very much - it's always great to get positive feedback.