Dynamic Geofencing

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
tiguan

Dynamic Geofencing

Post by tiguan »

Would it be a possible extension of the Geofencing option to dynamically set the center point of a Geofence? It could be an option in the app itself, where the center is assigned optionally to the current position.This would be useful if one wants to receive an SMS/email alert, if the monitored vehicle is removed/stolen from a parking position.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Geofencing

Post by admin »

Hi,
Actually a very similar feature already exists in the web portal. Just click the user icon in the map to make the details box visible. In the top right corner you can click the geo fence icon to create a geo fence around the current position.
tiguan

Re: Dynamic Geofencing

Post by tiguan »

Hi, yes - this is the kind of feature I would like to have - although this creates a new geofence and does not delete the existing one. My ideal combination would consist of 2 fixed geolocations (e.g. home and office) and one more, when parking at customer sites etc. And this 3rd one should be easy and fast to define "live". Either in the portal or in the app itself.... if the car is moved, I would get an SMS or email.