Support ANT+ Sensors

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
fernando_bra

Support ANT+ Sensors

Post by fernando_bra »

This app is definitely the best choice to who want to share tracks in real time.

It has almost all the features you need.

The only suggestion I do, is an upgrade toward to sportspeople, which is:

The Real-Time GPS Tracker 2 could support ANT+ sensors which can be read by some smartphones which also support this protocol. Therefore, values as that from heart rate sensor(general users), cadence and speed (more accuracy than GPS) and powermeter (bicycle users) could be shown in the fields of the maps when click to check a specific point( both in the app and on the map when viewed by an observer).
Last edited by fernando_bra on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Support ANT+ Sensors

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your suggests. Unfortunately there are no plans to add such sensors in the close feature, because there are too little free resources. :cry:
fernando_bra

Post by fernando_bra »

Understood.

Is the only way to get resources by e-buy of the track loading feature ?

Perhaps, my suggestion can have a larger field, in this case, a field that has as target, sports features that can attract several of thousands of people around the world and making a new and strong social media like Strava, Endomondo, Nike Running, etc.

I believe that if the Greenalp disclose in social medias of sport, it could bring a new front to grow faster.

As an example, in March, 2015, the Social Community "Strava" had about 192000 premium users and about 1.2 million free users.

Why do I say all about? Because nowadays, none of the big social medias has good features to view in real time. The only one which has some approach in this way is the Strava Community, but Strava doesn´t allow to share in real time data with observers who are not from Strava (like RTT2 does perfectly), even being the user provider a Strava premium client.

Greenalp has the differential goal (in comparison with the current Social Medias) that is "To Track in Real Time". The current social medias don´t take it as a important thing.

So based on that, I see that there are a big potential to attract sportspeople do RTT2/Greenalp.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, actually I don't mean financial resources but personal resources. I'm afraid I simply don't have enough time anymore to develop all requested features. So what I would actually need is to find a good developer who can support me in development (for example for ANT sensors or an IPhone version).

The main goal of RTT is just to share location in real-time. It's nothing more because I want to keep it simple. Personally I do not use social media so I'm no expert in this topic - but I agree there could be added many social features. Likewise many sport features could be added like distance counter, and other statistics. If these features were implemented the app could certainly compete with other sports apps. But again it's a problem of time..