NEW USER MULTIPLE QUESTIONS

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
Danie

NEW USER MULTIPLE QUESTIONS

Post by Danie »

Hi

I have been looking for something like this app for some time and at last found RRT2. Because of the number of questions just the following background. I live on a farm and must be away from time to time. I want to use the app to track my employees as they don't work if not supervised, but must still be paid a minimum wage. I tried other possibilities, but in the end it cost me too much and it was cheaper to not to worry whether they worked or not, which is worrying if you farm with sheep and need supervision especially during lambing season.

I have a number of questions (and tried to find it on the forum but could not get answers giving me enough):

1. If I want to add a phone for each of them (two actually) how do I do that? Must I register a username, etc on each phone after downloading the app?

2. How do I add them on the web portal to track their movements on the map? I assume I need to subscribe for the "Track loading" if I want to see their movements for say from 08h00 to 17h00 during the day. Can I transfer that information to Google earth/maps to show them what they have been doing? I need a printout also to use should there be any legal consequences following disciplinary action.

3. How do I remotely switch the app on and off as the use of data is very expensive in my country. I.e I need to switch it on at say 07h45 and then off at 17h30. I saw that something like this can be done from the website, am I correct? But exactly what should be done not to incur heavy costs?

Hope you guys on this forum can assist.

Regards

Danie
admin
Site Admin

Re: NEW USER MULTIPLE QUESTIONS

Post by admin »

Hi,
Basically the app can do what you need, but as this app was not designed for this use case I'm not sure if it will work as you wish, but you can give it a try. But it will work only if your employees cooperate (e.g. they should not stop the tracker).

1.) Yes, both employees need to download the app and register an own username. You can download the app too and add the other users as "friends".

2.) After you have added them as "friends" you can see them in the app and in the web portal. You will see the latest 1000 location updates of both users for free. If you want to have a larger history, you need to enable "Track Loading". You also need "Track Loading" if you want to download tracks. You can open the downloaded KML file with Google Earth.

3.) In the web portal, click remote control and select the right users in the drop down box. There you can send remote commands. You can also send remote commands in the app. Just long-click a user and selecte "remote command " in the menu.