Lack in track

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
andreas1210

Lack in track

Post by andreas1210 »

On my website wickerts.de/position you can see that I had a tracking lack today on my flight from Orlando to Los Angeles. Is there a chance to just combine the last tracked point with the first tracked point after tracking has restarted? Hopefully there is :roll:

Thx for a reply,
Andreas.

My username is andreas121077
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lack in track

Post by admin »

Hi,
By the default the track shows only the latest 1000 track points, older track points are deleted from time to time. The good news are, you have purchased the "Track Loading" option before your trip has started, so your trackpoints are still available. You just need to adapt your URL to raise the limit from 1000 to e.g. 100000. To close the gap you can use the parameter "tracksplitdistance". So try for example this URL:
http://www.greenalp.com/realtimetracker ... ance=86400

I noticed that you have a very short update interval (only a few seconds), so I think that you will have a large amount of trackpoints at the end of the trip. Your viewer's browsers could have problems to handle such a large amount of data. Therefore I strongly recommend to raise your update interval to at least one minute, maybe even more.