Remote tracking suddenly stopped working

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
colinbrooks

Remote tracking suddenly stopped working

Post by colinbrooks »

I often use remote tracking, activated from the web portal, to find out where my friend is. It has worked perfectly for years, but suddenly in the last few weeks whenever I send the "Start service via Google Cloud Messaging" command nothing happens, and the App on her phone does not open. As far as I am aware there has been no change on her side [same phone, same app, etc etc]. Furthermore, if the RTT App is started on her phone manually, all the other commands that I send from the web portal work OK, and if I send the command "Start service via Google Cloud Messaging" to my own account, the tracker opens on my phone. Does Admin have any suggestions what the problem might be? Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote tracking suddenly stopped working

Post by admin »

Hi,
As a first step I strongly recommend to upgrade to the newer app on both phones. The legacy app is called "RTT1", the newer app is "RTT2". So please open Google Play Store and search for "RTT2" or "Real-Time GPS Tracker 2".
colinbrooks

Post by colinbrooks »

That seems to have solved the problem.
Funny how things just stopped working with RTT v1 just a few weeks ago, but maybe that was when it was "no longer supported"?
Anyway many thanks.
And thanks again for such a great App
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, actually it should work with RTT2 too, but nevertheless it is better to go with the newer version.