tracking not working in background

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
raymondair

tracking not working in background

Post by raymondair »

Hi, I have been trying to get the tracking to work even after switching off the screen on my mobile, so far no success. I have RTT2 running on another mobile monitoring each other, none of them can see any location update from each other when the app is meant to run in the background

the SMS remote control function doesn't work either (always display "Failed" against the msg created by the RTT2), I have checked the OS level permission for SMS, RTT2 is allowed to read and send sms

my current settings of the RTT2 app as below

- Update Intervals : 120 secs
- GPS accuracy limit : Sufficient
- Expert settings
- switch on GPS auto : enabled
- GPS on viewers only : enabled
- Permissions
- Accepted friends only
- Remote Command Support
- Allw auto SMS : enabled
- System settings
- autostart : enabled

please advise
Regards, raymondair
admin
Site Admin

Re: tracking not working in background

Post by admin »

Hi,
Unfortunately several phone manufacturer started to implement aggressive power saving strategies to ensure long battery life. They block apps as soon as screen is off. Please check your Android settings. Maybe you are lucky and you can mark the app as "protected app" or something similar. Which phone model do you have?
Rob

Post by Rob »

I use smart phone " oppo f1s "
Previously had it in samsung core and loved it, not it looks like it does not send the info.
Can i still fix it and how?
raymondair

Post by raymondair »

I managed to change the settings in power sction to allow the app to run in background. Now the only thing doesn't work is SMS sending for remote SMS commands. I have Mi 4i and permission is set to allow RTT2 to read and send SMS. I guess I have to keep looking since could be manufacturer specific problem
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please also check for autostart manager. The phone must allow the app to autostart.