Viewing link sent to a guest can't be Bookmarkereod

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
3018c

Viewing link sent to a guest can't be Bookmarkereod

Post by 3018c »

I send the link to my track to myself and a guest. (I send it to myself so I can view my track with a KML overlay and I so I don't have to worry about accidentally turning the tracker off or changing a setting). However, when I send the URL to myself or a guest to view my track, they open it and they can see my track. But, when they or I bookmark it and save the link to the home screen for future use, the URL defaults back to the login screen.

I have used it this way in the past and everything worked great. This just started in the last few weeks.

Somebody please help.

R. Lee
admin
Site Admin

Re: Viewing link sent to a guest can't be Bookmarkereod

Post by admin »

Correct. Unfortunately Google required me to remove the personal part from the URL, so when you click the link you will be redirected and the url changes. But what still works: Just copy the url from the email. If you edit your bookmark and insert the url from the email it should work too.
3018c

Post by 3018c »

Thanks. I knew something had changed.

R. Lee
jaborandi

Post by jaborandi »

"Unfortunately Google required me to remove the personal part from the URL"

Hello, is it because of the google maps terms of use?
But to the open street map version you _could_ have a normal link, right?
So why not make OSM default and then redirect to nameless URL only when user switches to the Google Map?
I wouldn't be surprised if majority of users were (more) happy with OSM as default - it has much more roads etc in rural areas, and tracking is very often for the rural areas?

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, it is because of the Adsense policy. The workaround is to first create a bookmark, and afterwards append "&viewuser=YOURUSERNAME" (replace YOURUSERNAME with your Greenalp username).
3018c

Post by 3018c »

I have just copied and pasted the link to view my location. when it is clicked on, it takes you to the login page. it does not go to the linked track page.

What url should i use to get to my live tracking page?

R. Lee
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe your username has a special character which needs to be url-encode. You can see your correct URL this way:

1.) Open the settings of your tracker, and enter the account credentials section, where you can set your username and password.
2.) Click into the username field and hit the space key on your keyboard. Now your URL should be visible at the top
3018c

Post by 3018c »

I don't have a username section. In Settings the only think I have is Personal that has a place for changing password. no username field.

When I send the url to a guest, this is the url that is received: http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker ... ser=n3018c .

When it is copied to a document as a link, when opened it takes you to greenalp.com

R. Lee
3018c

Post by 3018c »

I went to the tracker on my phone and went to the username field and hit the space bar. No url popped up at the top.

R. Lee
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Your url seems to be correct. It works for me. Which browser do you use? Have you checked if it works in a different browser?