Change usernames

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
dougwilson

Change usernames

Post by dougwilson »

Hi

We have the usernames setup has truck numbers and I would like to change to the names of the drivers... the drivers can drive different trucks each day. Would this be possible?

Cheer

Nicky
admin
Site Admin

Re: Change usernames

Post by admin »

Hi,
You cannot rename a username, but you can login as different users. So you could open the app settings and change the account credentials there. But if you change username day by day there is a high chance that someone forgets it one day, and suddenly two phones are configured with the same username. So this results in a mess on the map. Maybe it would be better if every driver has an own dedicated phone configured with the correct username.
dougwilson

Post by dougwilson »

Hi

Each Driver has there own phone and the app is on each phone but wanted to change it so there name appears on the tracker. They were setup using truck numbers. So can I go through the settings on the app of each phone and change the name?

Nicky
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So you want to change the usernames from car numbers to driver names? Just register new accounts using the driver names and you should be done. Wouldn't that solve your request?
dougwilson

Post by dougwilson »

I can do that but we have a main account and we have friends attached to that (9 drivers in total) so have to purchase extra friend slots. If I make new accounts I will have to pay again for friend slots. I guess the answer to my question is no - there is no way of changing an existing username.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is not possible in the webportal, but I can do it manually. So please send the old/new-username pairs.
dougwilson

Post by dougwilson »

Old / New usernames

Ray.Wright = Foxy
Truck 911 = Logan
Truck 913 = Tegan
Truck 917 = Paul.E
NRH918 = Joel
Paul.Andrews = Cates 930

Thank you so much
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, but usernames foxy, logan, tegan, and joes are already occupied by other users. Moreover you should choose usernames without spaces.
dougwilson

Post by dougwilson »

Ray.Wright = Foxy910
Truck 911 = Loganandrews
Truck 913 = Teganstewart
NRH918 = Joelmarsh
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, your new usernames are foxy910, loganandrews, teganstewart, paul.e, joelmarsh, and cates930.

You need to reconfigure the account credential settings of all trackers, otherwise they won't work anymore.